Food preparation and serving
* All utensils used for cooking or serving vegetarian food should not be used for any non-vegetarian cooking.
* Vegetable oils (corn, peanut, olive, etc) must be used for all vegetarian food cooking.
* Items like chips should not be fried in the same oil used for frying fish or any other non-vegetarian items.
* People preparing / serving non vegetarian food alongside vegetarian food, like fresh sandwiches, must wear separate gloves and operate from separate counters.
* There must not be any contamination from non-vegetarian foods nor across vegetarian food types.
* The Food Standards Agency UK (FSA) is responsible for food safety and food hygiene across the UK. It works with local authorities to enforce food safety regulations. All caterers of vegetarian food must work in line with the FSA requirements.