VegUK is a voluntary project to define and promote Vegetarian Types in the UK.
VegUK key objectives:
* Define types of Vegetarians in the UK and their food handling and preparation requirements
* Increase social awareness of the definitions and educate by visiting Adult and Child Care Centres, Schools, Hospitals, Councils, Local Communities, etc.
* Standardise the definitions in line with the Food Standards Agency UK, the Vegetarian Society of UK and the Vegan Society of UK
* Raise awareness of the types using engaging and creative marketing communications
* Provide definitions to care homes, schools, hospitals, airlines, caterers, restaurants, etc.
* Provide a forum for any queries or clarifications required and assist with the implementation of defined vegetarian types